Make a Donation
Please help us to look after our historic steam locomotives and railway carriages by making a donation. As a Registered Charity we are grateful for every penny received!
Your donation will help towards the cost of:
- Maintaining our operational steam locomotives to keep them running.
- Looking after the historic railway carriages and artefacts we have on display.
- Restoration projects.
- Keeping the West Shed open for visitors to enjoy for years to come.
- Helping our volunteers to carry out projects to improve the West Shed.
- Developing activities for school groups to learn about our collections.
To make a donation online, please click on the ‘Make a Donation’ button below. This will take you to our main website, where we have an online donation link:
Donations by Post
We welcome donations by cheque. If you would prefer to donate this way, please make your cheque payable to ‘The Princess Royal Class Locomotive Trust’ and post it to:
The Princess Royal Class Locomotive Trust – The West Shed,
c/o: Midland Railway-Butterley Station
Please consider remembering The Princess Royal Class Locomotive Trust in your will. If you would like to discuss this, please get in touch.
The West Shed is home to The Princess Royal Class Locomotive Trust – a Charity formed in 1993 by a group of railway enthusiasts who had already saved and restored several steam locomotives. Since then, the Trust has acquired and restored more locomotives and railway carriages, and developed a professional base – the West Shed – located at the Midland Railway-Butterley.
Registered Charity number: 1042090